How To Clean Karastan Area Rugs
If you’re the proud owner of a Karastan carpet, then you probably understand that Karastan area rugs are some of the most beautiful and durable loom made rugs in the world. Today, we’ll discuss some methods to clean and maintain a Karastan area rug without doing any damage.
- The Karastan website recommends vacuuming 2 to 3 times a week during the first year. Don’t be afraid that it’s too delicate to be frequently cleaned— it is durable and lasting.
- Avoid vacuuming up the frilly edges of your Karastan rug as they are decorative and delicate
- After your first year, vacuum based on how often the rug is used. For example, if it is stepped on daily, vacuum once a week, or as often as needed.
- In order to make the rug last longer, buy and place pads for underneath your Karastan area rugs. This will ensure that the rug doesn’t slip and take a lot of weight on the fibers.
- Don’t rub the rug when something is spilled. Grab some paper towels and try to absorb as much as possible by patting down. Once you’ve absorbed as much liquid as possible, dampen a rag or towel with warm water to lift out the stain.
- If there are some stains that you aren’t able to remove or general wear throughout the years, consider a professional cleaner.
Following these helpful tips to keep your Katastan area rugs clean, lasting, and as beautiful as when you first purchased it!